Upgrading from Prowler v2 to Prowler v3
Though Jit currently uses Prowler v3 to scan for infrastructure runtime misconfigurations, users who onboarded with previous iterations of Jit may still be using Prowler v2.
Prowler v3 is a security and compliance assessment tool designed to help organizations evaluate and improve the security of their cloud environments, including Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud. It has been fully rewritten in Python, offering significant performance improvements and extended functionality over its predecessor, Prowler v2.
Prowler v3 provides a wide range of security checks and compliance framework support. With that it allows users to scan their cloud infrastructure quickly, identify potential vulnerabilities, and take action to address those issues.
Prowler v3 provides the following improvements over v2:
- Improved performance— Up to 30x improvement in speed, depending on your environment.
- Support for multiple cloud providers.
- Improved checks.
Upgrading to Prowler v3
To upgrade to Prowler v3
- Log in to your AWS Management Console and navigate to CloudFormation.
- Select the stack created by Jit.
- Select Update.
- Select Replace current template and select Amazon S3 URL.
- Paste the following URL into the Amazon S3 URL text box—
- Select Next repeatedly to navigate to the end of the wizard. Do not make changes to these pages.
- Select the checkbox titled I acknowledge that AWS CloudFormation might create IAM resources with custom names. and select Submit.
If you encounter any difficulties, please contact Jit via the Jit platform's chat feature.
Updated 25 days ago